Monday, August 07, 2006

Day 5--You don't speak English?

We ate breakfast at the B&B, which was really a bad idea, and then we set off to see Cork by daylight, hoping that is was better than at night. It isnt. I did find my mom some nice crystal wine glasses though, so I guess it was not a complete loss. We had spent so much of our trip in the car that we decided to just drive to our next place, without a lot of side trips, so we drove to the Beara Peninsula . Along the way we do encounter a REALLY cool old church. I loved it, we took so many pictures. Then we drove through the only part of Ireland that doesnt speak English. It was nice, but confusing. Those towns seemed a lot cleaner though. The largest of these (and they did speak English here, but Irish was definitely prolific) was Lizmore. It had a HUGE castle, although by now we were castled out and decided to just admire it from the outside. In one of the smaller towns was the largest house I have ever seen, it looked like something from a southern plantation, which I assure is NOT how houses look in Ireland . They had a little pond with a swan in it and a play castle, it was insane. Again, I took LOTS of pictures. However, we had to have the digital camera emptied onto a CD because the memory was full, and the CD BROKE. I was/am so upset about it. We lost about 140 pictures and these were them. So, real bummer, at least I have the film pics of it though

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home