Monday, August 07, 2006

Day 7--Our last day of driving

Kilkenny So, after a night of almost crying over my lens, and deciding that it was worth paying extra in interest if I bought a new lens on credit (it is cheaper than another flight to Ireland). So in a slightly happier mood we set off for Doolin our final stop planning to buy a new lens along the way (and we need to download our pictures onto a CD again). We stopped in Kenmore when we saw a photo shop. They guy at the store said that our best bet would be Kilkenny, which we were driving through anyway. We went to Kilkenny National Forest , which was on the way. It was beautiful. It was raining and a little cold, but overall it was very nice. It really sucked because of my camera lens, but at least we got some digital pictures. On the other side of the forest is a nice little hike and waterfall. It was a huge waterfall, and even with the digital we had a hard time fitting it into the screen. It was a lot more impressive in real life. I also had my first Irish ice cream, dairy products are SO much better there! We left Kilkenny National Forest and entered Kilkenny town, which is a very busy place. Miraculously we found a photo store. However, it was closed for lunch. So we had lunch too, and walked around a bit. We went back to the photo store. Well, apparently Pentax is not a popular brand in Ireland . You can walk into most American photo stores and buy a Pentax lens, but not Ireland . They guy looked at me as if I was buying a large format lens or something (for those of you who dont know cameras, this isnt just me; it is a very common brand and has standard lenses). He told me that no one would have a lens but that he could order me one. I was bummed again, but at least I didnt spend a lot of money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home